Thursday, 18 February 2010

Wu Tang vs The Beatles Mixtape!



Since RZA is tonight I thought i'd drop this (even though it's not NZ).  It's a mixtape seen over at The Hip Drop that's got Wu Tang acapellas over some Beatles samples & at first I thought WTF? soon to realise, it's actually dope!

This mixtape fuses opposite ends of the musical spectrum but is probably why it works nicely. With Wu Tang being hardcore on the mic, these mellowed out beats make The Wu Crew easier on the ear & you can listen to their raps properly and enjoy the flow whether you like Wu Tang or not.

Same goes for The Beatles, hearing the Wu on their samples makes Gangsta Beatles Music, I think that's the best why I can put it.  The rawness of The Wu fits the trippy music of The Beatles making this juxtaposition mixtape work solidly.

So download this and see what'cha think. I reakon it's dope & for those hitting up RZA tonight, let RZA know how we ROCK THE BELLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment