Friday, 19 February 2010

Gig Of The Weekend - Lewis McCallum @ PSC!


This is the artist of the week (for me). A solid collaboration with Fran Kora, it's too dope & a hearty album due out soon!

I don't know much about Lewis to be honest, but I liked his album WAKE & saw him a fair few times when he was jamming at Sales St & he's mos def got the solid groove that NZ musicians seem to have!
His synth work is crazy & he's another one of them multi-instrumentalists!

I just heard samples of his new album & it's a good one for 2010. (I haven't properly listened, so I won't go into detail yet) but you gotta check out "First Date" with Fran Kora & if you dig it, you'll dig the LP, it's fresh. On the line of Julien Dynes Pins & Digits but more synth & upbeat to it. You can catch this fresh jazzman in action this weekend @ PSC!

Lewis McCallum Live / (DJ set from Scott Towers)
Saturday 20th February
Ponsonby Social Club 

FREE, so you got no excuse!

Oh yeah, and Maisey Rika/Tama Waipara (Waipara is also features on Lewis' album) are playing the Classic Comedy Bar in Aux this Sat!



No comments:

Post a Comment