Tuesday, 12 January 2010

THE LOCALS: Glen Jackson - Tutunoa



I just thought I'd put up a post for some Homegrown Niuean music!  This Niuean dude Glen Jackson has put out a couple of albums (that you will find in Island music stores lol) and I gotta give props to him (& all other pacific people doing tracks in respective languages) for doing work in our Island languages! It's straight solid! It doesn't get the commercial recognition it should have but all the realists know that it's solid you guys/girls are putting it down, respect!

Even though a lot of it I can't listen to hardout (it's just not the feel etc that I'm used to) but there are many solid tracks out there that sound mean.  So here's a track from Glen Jackson in Niuean which I think is cool (Sorry, don't know what it means but I know the words!). So biggest ups & respect to those making those tracks so I can learn at least a bit of Island language!


No comments:

Post a Comment