Friday, 11 June 2010

Breakin Wreckwordz - On Some Good Shit!


Just giving some more props, where props are due.

Breakin Wreck is my favourite NZ label, Urban Pasifika brought out a dope compilation back in the day but as a whole, Breakin Wreck takes top spot. Why? Simply the concept. As a label, they give freedom to the artist to express THEIR sound which is manufactured by them with no preset criteria, focusing on creativity and not how much money you'll bring in. From that (if you know BW music) they created some good quality Hip Hop tracks, a lot actually. I know I'mma newbie to the BW click but as soon as I got schooled up on em, it was an easy decision to make.  

Because of their real concept, they are not earning millions or have worldwide acclaim but if you do music, for music, you wouldn't either. It's just how it goes. Last 2 months I've been buying and listening to BW music and I can listen to all the tracks. Each one has a different steez, flow & feel while at the same time you can get a good idea of the artist and their style where as for commercial musc shit goes everywhere with an artist, it's not entirely self directed and you lose track of the artist and what they stand for.

I've become a fan. No, not just the one who yells BW in the club and stuff, but genuinely into their music and what they stand for and I let that be known when talking music with people when on the label topic. Definitely would be the click of choice if I was a good rapper. As a label, they represent NZ Hip Hop on a real level. The make a foundation for musicians, let them find themselves so they transition into artists and from their, it's their choice. I suggest you buy you some BW music!

I don't give a fuck if I get called a dick rider and shit cause if you know me & my passion for music and even more the NZ, it's pretty crazy. If I won lotto, I'd definitely do my part for NZ music!

Blue jeans cover the kneez, Breakin Wreck on the tee!


No comments:

Post a Comment